Did you know that not all security services carry arms to enforce safety? Many of us assume all guards are armed, but there is such a thing as the unarmed security guard, and they may be more effective than you think. We at Vista Security Services International are one of many security guard companies in Puerto Rico, and we have seen first hand that unarmed security can be effective in different situations, and we’d like to share how.
Value of Security
First, let’s establish how having security in the first place can be beneficial to your business. No matter where you are, the risk of criminal activity occurring in your space is always a possibility. Regardless of the security you hire, your staff will have the training to handle different situations effectively and can help protect you, your staff, and your business. In fact, hiring security guards can be one of the most effective ways to protect your business in comparison to other security alternatives. You have a trained professional available to handle conflicts as they arise while you’re often left to fend for yourself until police officers arrive with other security options.
Benefits of The Unarmed Security Guard
You might assume armed guards would be better at protecting your space than unarmed guards, but that’s not always the case.
- When hiring security staff, you’re making an investment to protect yourself, your staff, and your business. Naturally, armed staff require more training and more insurance, which makes them more expensive. For many, this price difference can be the difference between affordable and too expensive. For businesses not in major need of firearms protection, this also means you can save money while still staying protected.
- Effective For Low-Risk Environments
- For businesses in low-risk environments for armed robbery, encountering armed criminals is exceptionally rare, which is the only real benefit to having armed security staff. Because of this, unarmed security guards will still be perfectly capable of resolving conflicts as they arrive as well as detering would-be criminals from engaging.
- Can Establish a Sense of Safety
- Having an armed guard in your workplace can actually make other staff members and potential customers uneasy. Even if it’s not in the hands of a criminal, firearms can have this effect on many people, and this can influence their feelings regarding the space.
- Lower Risk of Firearm Accidents
- While an armed guard is trained on how to handle conflicts and their weapons, simply having them there does create the risk of someone else getting their hands on that weapon. There’s always a risk of someone getting shot in these circumstances, and this can be avoided with security staff that doesn’t bring firearms into your workspace.
For Security Guard Companies in Puerto Rico, Contact Us
Now that you have a better understanding of how an unarmed security guard can benefit you while still keeping your business safe, you might have questions about hiring security staff. Contact us today for more information about how unarmed security can help you. We are one of the best security guard companies in Puerto Rico, so you can rely on us to help keep you and your business safe.